- To have an appointed employee who is responsible for sustainability coordinator tasks.
- To have a mission statement that is communicated to staff and customers.
- To have a sustainability action plan with clear targets, actions, measures, responsibilities, and time planning.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To have first aid sets and trained staff available at all relevant locations.
- To provide periodic guidance and training for employees on roles, rights and responsibilities regarding health and safety issues.
- To create opportunities for students in participating in traineeship / internship / apprenticeship.
- To encourage employment opportunities for persons with special needs.
- Favour the purchase of sustainable goods and services, office, giveaways, and merchandise.
- Purchase products in bulk, to reduce the amount of packaging materials.
- Implement measurements to reduce brochure wastage or an ‘internet only’ policy.
- Reduce / Reuse / Recycle waste materials e.g., use bio-degradable products printing papers – use both sides/ blank side for notes.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible e.g., use emails which are easy to track.
- Support CSR programs by giving away equipment that is no longer in use. e.g., Computers, tables, chairs etc.
Sign / Date
- Purchase products with lower environmental impact. e.g., environmentally safe soaps and detergents (Hand wash, Jik and vim).
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of video calls, for conferences/meetings use webinar /zoom / Skype or work-at-home policy.
- Encourage employees to use public transport or sustainable means of transport. e.g., bicycles.
- Turning off lights when not in use/ use led lamps instead of overhead lighting /put notices as reminders.
- Green up your environment by choosing space with plenty of natural light to cut out on energy usage.
- Have indoor plants to improve the air quality.
- Purchase products in bulk to reduce the amount of packaging materials.
- Use lead free and water-based paints, both inside and outside the facility.
- Advising guests on behaviour standards during excursions and activities with a focus on respecting the local culture, nature, and environment.
- Not offering any excursions that harm humans, animals, plants, natural resources such as water and energy, or which are socially and culturally unacceptable.
- Having skilled and/or certified guides to guide our guests in sensitive cultural sites, heritage sites, or ecologically sensitive destinations.
- Ensure that customer privacy is not compromised.
- Keep a contact person and a telephone number permanently available for emergency situations.
- Encourage clients to donate to local charity and sustainable initiatives.
- Have clear procedures in case of complaints from clients.
- Use of efficient engines which maintenance is done regularly and cause less pollution.
- Co2 emissions – funded carbon dioxide saving projects through tree planting initiatives.
- Reduce water consumption e.g., by installing water efficient taps, fix leaking taps, fix leaking toilets, use of fans and natural ventilation etc.